cARTerART Photography Talks
Titles available 2021 - 2022 including ZOOM online photography presentations.
1) Perpetually in Motion. I believe that landscape photographers have to be in tune with the fourth dimension - the passage of time. This talk illustrates all the forces of nature that create motion and change. This is a two part lecture but works for one evening or I can return at another date for part 2. I include 2 audio visual presentations.
2) Landscape Photography and Focal lengths. From 14mm - 640mm. A look at the potential of different lenses in landscape photography. To include one audio visual presentation.
3) The Camera Lies .... and that is why it is a creative process. The most frequently asked question I get is..."do you manipulate your images?". I know people want to know if I have used Photoshop. The answer is I have to process my RAW files but don't believe I manipulate them. However, I use in-camera techniques to change reality. I believe this makes photography a creative process. This talks illustrates my thoughts.
4) Dancing Lights - a decade of aurora hunting. This talk includes an audio visual presentation showing moving aurora using an animation technique.
5) Patagonia in Winter. If, like me, you find summer landscape photography in the UK less than inspiring then there is always the option to chase winter and head south. Patagonia is a dream destination with steppes, mountains and glaciers to discover. My talk explores locations and wildlife on the Argentinian side of Patagonia and includes an AVI of the El Chalten region and the mighty Fitz Roy Massif. I provide information that would help any adventurous traveller to consider a self-guided trip. Winter has weather challenges, but in my experience it is ideal if you like pristine landscapes all to yourself and enjoy wildlife as well as landscape photography and is far easier than you may think.
"Just a note to thank you for your lecture on “ The Camera Lies”, on behalf of our members I would like to say that from the off you had our attention and maintained that throughout your lecture.
The subjects covered were extremely interesting and the techniques used and explained were inspirational.
Your lecture gave me and other members, techniques explanations and an insight on how to improve our portfolios (but only after a lot of practice)." Overton Photographic Club Oct 2021.
Booked Talks and Judging
7th January. Sale Photographic Society. ONLINE ZOOM TALK
11th January. Lancaster Photographic Society. ONLINE ZOOM TALK
13th January. Crawley Camera Club ONLINE ZOOM TALK
20th January. Long Mynd CC.
3rd February. Oswestry Photographic Society ONLINE ZOOM TALK.
9th February. Boldmere W.I. ONLINE ZOOM TALK.
11th Feb. Shirley Photographic Society. ONLINE ZOOM TALK
18th Feb. Stourbridge Photographic Society. ONLINE ZOOM TALK
18th March. Leominster Photographic Club. Either ONLINE Zoom or face-to-face or both.
23rd March. Stratford Photo Group.
26th March. Wrekin Arts Photographic Society. ONLINE ZOOM TALK
1st April. Judging Bridgnorth Camera Club
6th April Whitchurch Photographic Society
13th April. Stafford - judging
15th April. Stourport Camera Club.
19th April. Kidderminster Camera Club
20th April. Walsall Wood. ONLINE ZOOM TALK
27th April. Stafford Camera Club
6th May. Smethwick Photography Society.
10th May Webheath Camera Club ONLINE ZOOM TALK
19th August. Judging. Stourbridge Photographic Society.
15th September. Leyland Photographic Society. ONLINE ZOOM TALK
20th September. Cambridge Camera Club. ONLINE ZOOM TALK
21st September. Walsall Wood and Brownhills Camera Club
22nd September. Long Mynd Camera Club
29th September. Crawley Camera Club. ONLINE ZOOM TALK
7th October. Beeston (Notts) Camera Club.
27th October. Tenbury PS
29th October. Overton Photographic Club ZOOM TALK
23rd Nov. Judging. Ludlow.
8th December. Dorset BHPC
2022 - Please note I am moving to the Fort William area in Scotland so will be available only for Zoom talks after 1st Sept 2022.
11th January. Walsall Wood Photographic Society
25th January. Bromsgrove Photographic Society Judging.
1st February. Worcester Camera Club
2nd February. Leyland Camera Club. ONLINE ZOOM
3rd February. Sale Photographic Society. ONLINE ZOOM
7th February. Crawley Camera Club. ONLINE ZOOM
17th February. Backwell Camera Club. ONLINE ZOOM
NOT AVAILABLE February 19th - March 22nd
23rd March. Lichfield Camera Club
28th March. Droitwich Camera Club Judging
4th April. King's Lyn Camera Club. ONLINE ZOOM
6th April. Tamworth Camera Club
12th April. Ludlow Judging.
5th May. Burton on Trent Photography Club. ONLINE ZOOM
9th May. Shropshire Photographic Society.
10th May. Downend Camera Club, Bristol. ONLINE ZOOM.
19th July. Newport Photographic Club
11th August. Judging Stourbridge Photographic Society
1st September. Cannock Photographic Society
16th September. Overton Photography Club. ONLINE ZOOM TALK
21st October Overton Camera Club. ONLINE ZOOM TALK
8th November. Stafford Photography Society. ONLINE ZOOM TALK
24th November. East Grinsted Camera Club. ONLINE ZOOM TALK